Call for Speakers! Mobile Marketing, SEO and Web Development
Professional speaking has helped me in many areas of my business including marketing, business development and improving my overall communication skills. While not everyone is meant to be a Professional Speaker for a living it is highly advantageous to have the ability to speak professionally in your area of expertise. I shared in an earlier post tips on how to grow your business through professional speaking.
I’ve also given you tools on optimizing your speaking engagements with 10 Social Media Tips for Professional Speakers. Now I’m giving you an opportunity to take action and begin your speaking career or add another speaking gig to your resume with my call for speakers! This year I began educating my way to success by teaching a Marketing and Communication course at Platt College San Diego. I’ve already completed two terms and my next class begins next week. To enhance my course material I use videos, real life examples and invite industry leaders to speak.
Having guest speakers has been very educational, entertaining and informative for my class because students are learning from people who are working in the careers they aspire to. My class is every Tuesday and Thursday from 6-8:30pm. The next term is June 3rd to July 21st. I’m currently seeking speakers to present 1-2 hour presentations on the following topics (I have listed suggested speaking points but am open to other ideas):
- Mobile Marketing- Mobile websites, Mobile applications, growth of mobile usage, text message campaigns
- SEO- What factors are considered SEO?, How Social Media plays a role in SEO?, keywords, linking
- Web Development and Design- Website usability, building a website that’s SEO friendly, incorporating Social Media elements into a website, design elements, etc
- Many of the students are Entrepreneurs and interested in starting their own business so anyone who also runs their own company (especially if it’s on topics relating to marketing and technology) is a great candidate to speak in my class.
If you’re interested in speaking for my class at Platt College, please email: Melodie at MarketingMelodie dot com with the following information:
- Company & Title
- Website URL
- Social Media URLs
- Brief description of presentation
- Additional comments or information
I realize as a working professional your time is extremely valuable. I would like to make this experience mutually beneficial. This is an unpaid speaking opportunity but I’m happy to provide follow up recommendations, testimonials, take photos/video during your talk and promote your business through my own social networks. You’re also welcome to share opportunities with the students such as job openings or internships. I look forward to hearing you speak soon!