It’s been a while since I’ve hosted a giveaway and there’s no better time to do another one than now. In the past I’ve given away things such as Legoland tickets, social media swag bags and tickets to social media educational events. Today I’m giving away an awesome social media/ fitness swag bag which includes a brand new Sony Walkman W. I’m very fortunate to receive an abundance products, samples and swag from marketing, social media and fitness conventions I attend, gifts I receive and companies that want to get their products in the hands of online influencers. As a way to give back and pay it forward, I’ve put together the ultimate social media/ fitness swag bag just for you.
As I just mentioned, the featured item in here is a throw back to the Sony Walk Man, but we’re kicking it up a notch from the old school version. This is a 2GB W Series Walkman. It’s a water resistant MP3 player and you’re getting the Meb Keflezighi edition pictured below. It’s perfect for running and working out at the gym. I know that someone out there will appreciate this music device and be inspired to workout with it!
Among the other items in the giveaway is a plethora of swag I’ve accumulated and want to share. They are things that will help with your fitness ventures or are related to social media in some way. Yep, even in my giveaway I’m combining my passions for social media and fitness. Here are some other goodies you’ll get.
- YMCA/ FriarFit Pedometer- Track your steps and encourage yourself to take the stairs instead of the elevator and walk to the store across the street you normally drive to.
- Beyond Yoga Headband- Keep your hair out of your face and make sure you’ve got something to keep your forehead clean when you’re working up a sweat
- Yelp Sunglasses- Who doesn’t need an extra pair of sunnies with summer coming up?
- 2 Limited Edition Foursquare Water Bottles- Stay hydrated with these collapsible water bottles.
- Red Bull- To give you wings when you work out!
- All of the prizes listed and pictured (plus maybe even more) will come in a nice reusable bag that I encourage you use when you go shopping rather than wasting paper or plastic.
HOW TO ENTER- I’m hosting this giveaway to pay it forward and share the abundance in my life so to enter please comment on by answering this question: What are you doing to go green? This question is inspired by the Earth Day post I wrote this year on 5 ways to go green while marketing your business and the post I wrote last year on 12 ways to go green at work. Since I’m paying it forward with this contest, I want all of you to pay it forward to the earth we live on. If you read my posts and are already doing some of those things, then write that in the comments or perhaps you’re doing something else I didn’t list. Either way, share with me what you’re doing to help create a more sustainable earth!
ADDITIONAL ENTRIES- All entrants must leave a comment on this post to win. Each person can enter up to 2 more times by Tweeting this post and sharing it on any other social network. Please make sure to include my Twitter handle @MyMelodie when Tweeting so I can track your shares.
DEADLINE TO ENTER- I’ll announce the winner in a week on Monday April 29th at noon. I’m choosing a Monday because most people don’t like this day but you will if you win my prize! If the winner is local in San Diego, we can arrange a prize pickup. If the winner is outside of San Diego I will ship the items.
I do my best to provide value to all of my readers so if you’re interested in hosting a contest of your own, I wrote a post a while back with tips on hosting a successful contest on social media. I really want this contest to inspire people to make every day Earth Day and start creating healthier habits in the way to live our lives. I’m really grateful to have items to give away and am excited to learn some more ways on going green. Best of luck on winning to everyone.
By now you’ve probably at least seen a tweet or Facebook post about Social Media Day San Diego. It’s right around the corner! The event will be hosted on June 30th, 2012 at the Marina Kitchen inside the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina. Social Media Day is an international day that celebrates the revolution of media and the digital space. We’re all connected now more than ever because of social media; so on June 30th, let’s show our appreciation by getting off our computer screens, meeting new people and hanging out with friends at Social Media Day San Diego! If this isn’t enough to convince you to go, here are 5 reasons to attend Social Media Day San Diego:
1. Experience some of San Diego’s greatest products on Social Media- There will be tons of goodies and giveaways from local companies on Social Media! We’re raffling off some amazing prizes and if you are one of the first 100 people to arrive at the event, you’ll receive a Social Media Day gift bag filled with surprises.
2. Enjoy the luxurious atmosphere and view- What better way to socialize with old friends and meet new ones than in the extravagant Marina Kitchen inside the Marriott?
3. Network with hundreds of Social Media savvy professionals attending this event- You won’t hear the questions “Why would I want to tweet what I ate that day?” or “Why would you check in somewhere” at this event. Come out to network and make new friends with smart and tech savvy like minded individuals.
4. Have fun with games, contests and social media inspired interactive activities- We put out a call for sponsors and have received an abundance of replies! It’s so great to see so many businesses embracing social media. Our sponsors will be conducting fun social media inspired games, contests and have additional promotional offers for you to take advantage of.
5. Put San Diego on the Map- Social Media Day events will be happening across the nation and world so this is a great opportunity for San Diego to really make a mark in the social space and show everyone just how great the San Diego Social Media community is. We’ll have the Minglestream tweet wall ready for action with the hashtag #smdaysd. The best way to celebrate Social Media Day is to actually include social media in the mix!
Full event details are below:
When: Saturday, June 30th
Time: 5PM – 9PM
Where: Marina Kitchen – inside the San Diego Marriott Marquis- Get directions.
This is a free event, however, we do encourage you to RSVP
Official Website: http://www.socialmediadaysandiego.com/
Digital Media Dinners is proud to announce Rubio’s Fresh Mexican Grill as our official food sponsor. Since Digital Media Dinners is San Diego based, we’re always excited to partner with other locally founded businesses. Rubio’s has a story that really speaks to San Diegans.
When Founder Ralph Rubio was in college, he and his buddies would head to the Baja village of San Felipe, where you could camp on the beach for free, catch some rays, and forget about studying. One night, a hungry Ralph spotted a taco shop with an unusual specialty advertised in the window: fish tacos. He ordered one, took a few bites, and was hooked.
Several years later, he opened his first restaurant – a walk-up stand in Mission Bay. Since that day back in 1983, Ralph has sold more than 50 million fish tacos. Rubio’s Fresh Mexican Grill now has over 180 locations. The Rubio’s menu continues to expand and evolve, with inspiration from Ralph’s continued culinary exploration of Mexico. In addition to the World Famous Fish Taco, Rubio’s also offers a plethora of other signature menu items and they’ll even make your event tasty with Rubio’s a-Go-Go Catering.
As a partner for Digital Media Dinners, Rubio’s Fresh Mexican Grill is also a prime example of how a business is successfully using social media to build their community. Their 40K+ fans on Facebook are loyal and their Twitter followers are very interactive.
How exactly is Rubio’s involved in Digital Media Dinners?
- Dinner will consist of Rubio’s healthy and delicious Beach Mex Buffet with Grilled Chicken and Steak, rice, “no-fried” pinto beans, jack and cheddar cheese, lettuce, fresh guacamole, three signature salsas, soft tortillas and tortilla chips. Veggie Burritos are available by request.
- Each guest who attends Digital Media Dinners will receive a voucher for a free taco of their choice when they visit Rubio’s Fresh Mexican Grill
- Rubio’s is giving away a $50 Rubio’s a-Go-Go® Certificate Good toward the purchase of Rubio’s a-Go-Go® catering menu items only.
To enter to win follow both Marketing Melodie and Rubio’s on Twitter and tweet “I want to win a ticket to @MyMelodie’s Digital Media Dinners & $50 @RubiosTweets gift card #DMDinners http://bit.ly/mz36lK”
For an additional entry, comment on this blog post and tell us what you’re looking forward to learning about most at Digital Media Dinners. Each person is allowed 2 entries. A winner will be chosen Tuesday July 5th at 9am PST. If you don’t win this contest, you can still be a winner by receiving $10 of the event by joining Marketing Melodie on Facebook. Facebook fans enter code: MelodieVIP upon check out. Code valid until July 7th, 2011. Good luck to everyone !
I’m looking forward to hosting the first of my Digital Media Dinners series at Jasmine Restaurant this coming Tuesday November 9th starting at 5:30pm. We’re excited to announce an amazing lineup of panelists that will share their experience on how they’re succeeding through the use of social media and give you tips on how you can do the same.
I’m providing an opportunity for two lucky people to win complimentary entry into the Digital Media Dinners event. Please post a comment on this blog post answering either question:
- (If you’re already using Social Media) How has Social Media helped with the growth of your business?
- (If you’re new to Social Media) How do you envision Social Media helping your business?
Anyone who retweets this blog post on Twitter will also receive an additional entry.
Two lucky winners will be randomly chosen on Monday Nov. 8th, 2010. If you don’t win you can still receive $5 off by joining Marketing Melodie on Facebook. Good luck and see you next Tuesday!
As the San Diego Asian Film Festival (SDAFF) is runs strong in it’s 11th year this October 21st- 28th at the Mission Valley UltraStar Hazard Center Cinemas, it’s a great time to recognize how Social Media has revolutionized the power of both event marketing and the movie industry. Social Media has been instrumental in the growth of the film festival for both the event and individual movies.
SDAFF’s Marketing Director, Daniel Matthews shares that “Social Media has allowed us to connect with our audience in ways that weren’t available before. We’re able to personally stay in touch with everyone that we’ve connected with at the festival and create a stronger brand within the community”. With film screenings that pop up throughout the year they’re able to market for those screenings virally. The San Diego Asian Film Festival also uses Social Media to help with contests and promotions during the film festival.
At Marketing Melodie, we support local initiatives of organizations who provide value, education and entertainment to San Diego and recognize events that have strategically incorporated social media into their marketing plan. So in honor the 11th annual San Diego Asian Film Festival, Marketing Melodie’s community will have an opportunity to win passes to the Festival. Five lucky readers will win a pair of tickets for the film festival. To enter to win you must complete both of the following:
1. Follow @MyMelodie on Twitter and Retweet this blog post
2. Leave a comment on this blog post with an idea on how events or movies can use Social Media OR a comment with an example of how an event you’ve attended or movies you’ve seen has successfully used social media.
Winners will be chosen on Thursday October 21st, the opening day of the San Diego Asian Film Festival. Additional film festival details and ticket information can be found on the @SDAFF Twitter account, Facebook Page and the official San Diego Asian Film Festival Website
*Festival tickets are good for any film or panel except the opening and closing night showings of Legend of the Fist or Au Revoir Taipei.
San Diego is a true mecca for both talented musicians and innovative technology professionals. While many cities receive spotlight for leading the way in various industries, America’s Finest City continues to shine with its production of high quality, educational and specialized events that attract professionals from all across the nation. The San Diego Music & Technology Conference is no exception.
The co-founders Dr. Vakas Sial and Roland Ligtenberg recognize San Diego as a city with a vibrant and growing electronic music scene and decided to take this reality to the next level with an event that provides a forum to celebrate the convergence between music producers, enthusiasts and technology innovators.
In just one paragraph Ligtenberg is able to sum up the epitome of the event to take place next Thursday and Friday September 16- 17th, 2010 the Hard Rock Hotel in downtown San Diego “SDMTC is an open innovation platform for the advancement of electronic music by bringing the music industry and leading technology companies together,” explains SDMTC co-founder, “We wanted to bridge the gap between music and technology experts, between successful and amateur artists, in a setting that will inspire conversation and advance the industry as a whole.”
SDMTC will consist of panels, workshops and showcases of the latest trends in music and technology from 10am to 6pm each day. Simultaneously, poolside music events will be taking place from noon to 6pm Float, outside the conference rooms at the Hard Rock Hotel. The evening will be comprised of networking events from 7pm to 2am. As you can see the event has gone above and beyond to ensure a valuable, fun and diverse experience for all attendees.
At Marketing Melodie, we support innovative technology events such as SDMTC and would like to take this opportunity to offer one lucky reader a chance to win a full conference pass to the event.
Here’s how to win:
You must be following @MyMelodie on Twitter and retweet this blog post to your network through the Tweet button on the top left. You will receive an additional entry by commenting on this blog post as to why you would like to attend. All participants can enter twice: once through Twitter and once through a blog comment. A winner will be announced next Tuesday September 14th at 12 noon PST. Good luck and see you at the inaugural San Diego Music & Technology Conference
*Photo Credit- Photos from San Diego Music & Technology Conference