Having great teachers plays a key role in running a successful marketing business. In order for me to be at the top of my game, I align myself with other accomplished business leaders. I make it an absolute priority to invest in my own professional development. Two leaders that I recently had the privilege of learning from are Lewis Howes and Michael Port. I attended their masterclass, Show-Stealing Greatness at the Los Angeles Theatre Center earlier this month. It was a full day of being inspired, making connections and learning how to speak with integrity.
My next speaking engagement is coming up in a couple of weeks with Startup Socials San Diego and I’m stoked because all of the content is dedicated to giving you the framework for growing your business in 2016. My presentation is titled:
5 Ways to Drive Conversions with Social Media- Learn 5 of the lesser known, but well proven, tactics that can boost your social media conversion rate. Get ready for takeaways that you can execute on immediately.
There’s also a special treat for the audience. Everyone will have a chance to pitch their business and get feedback from 3 digital marketing experts, including myself. You will walk away from this event with an improved structure for your online marketing strategy, and you will receive action items to work on over the next couple of months in order to prepare for a successful 2016. Does all this sound good to you? If so, read on, and find out how to register and win tickets!
INBOUND15 is coming up in Boston September 8th-11th and I have your golden ticket to attend. That’s right, I’m giving one lucky winner an All-Access Pass to INBOUND15 at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center.
INBOUND15 has really stepped it up with amazing speakers and activities. Keynote speakers include Chelsea Clinton, Seth Godin and even the hilarious Aziz Ansari just to name a few! In addition to the keynotes, here is everything the All-Access Pass includes:
- Access to all 6 Keynotes
- Daily Networking Happy Hour
- Admittance to INBOUND Rocks
- Access to Club INBOUND
- Discounted Rate at 17 Hotels*
- Access to 170+ Educational Sessions
- 30+ Awe-Inspiring Bold Talks
- Eligibility for Keynote Meet and Greet
- Access to INBOUND 2015 Archived Content
- Free Lunch from 20+ Food Trucks
- Unlimited Beverages**
INBOUND fuels the passion that drives the most innovative and successful business leaders of our time. INBOUND’s purpose is to provide the inspiration, education, and connections to transform your business.
INBOUND15 is an event designed to help marketing and sales professionals, business owners, and agency executives deepen their knowledge of inbound marketing through a combination of inspiring keynote presentations, focused training and breakout sessions, expert-led small group workshops, innovative product demos, and exciting networking activities along with an amazing INBOUND Rocks concert.
The All-Access ticket I’m giving away costs $1,499. It will be completely free for a lucky winner! Check out all the information on INBOUND15 HERE. Now for the scoop on HOW YOU CAN WIN this high value prize!
Leave a comment on this post with 1 thing you want to learn from INBOUND15. Include your FULL NAME and EMAIL ADDRESS.
Your must have a valid email address so I can contact you if you’re the winner. Thats’s it. Easy to enter and win! Want to increase your chance of winning? Each additional activity you complete will earn you bonus entries:
- 2 BONUS ENTRIES- Join my Facebook page and “Like” or “Share” this post about INBOUND15. If you do one (Like or share), you’ll get 1 bonus entry. If you do both (Like and share), you’ll get 2 bonus entries.
- 1 BONUS ENTRY- Follow me on Twitter and Tweet this post to share the contest with your following. Make sure to include me in the Tweet @MyMelodie.
- 3 BONUS ENTRIES- Most of you know that I’ve got a SXSW 2016 PanelPicker in the running. If you vote for my session AND leave a comment you’ll get 3 bonus entries. You must leave a comment so I can track your vote.
The winner will be chosen by random and notified no later than Tuesday September 1st, 2015.
*Please note: By entering the ticket giveaway, you are signing up for Marketing Melodie’s Marketing Your Way to Success Newsletter. Recipients can opt out any time. Transportation and housing for Inbound15 are not included.
Thanks again to the San Diego Hubspot User Group for inviting me to be their Keynote Speaker last month at the beautiful Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – Liberty Station. The event was a huge success, over 200 people signed up!
For those of you who missed the event or want to review the information, you’re in luck! My friends over at Animus Studios produced this awesome video for me of my keynote. Check it out here or on my YouTube Page.
I also offer a referral fee if you help me book a speaking gig. If my minimum speaker’s fee is met, you will get $500 just for making an introduction!
I’m back from an incredible and highly educational experience at SXSW V2V in Las Vegas. I’ve attended SXSW Interactive in Austin for the past 4 years but this was my first time attending the Vegas conference. V2V is SXSW Interactive on a smaller scale, but the quality of content and connections I made were impressive! The focus is more on educating startups and small business owners. I liked the intimate environment because it allowed me to build deeper relationships. Just like I do my top 10 SXSW Interactive recap each year, here’s a recap of the top ten things I experienced at V2V. You’ll find tips you can apply to your own business, mixed in with my favorite moments and fun experiences.
2. Yoga for the Busy Body– I had the pleasure of being the yoga instructor the the conference! I taught 2 morning yoga classes. I created a special class for the conference called yoga for the busy body. I incorporated poses that students could easily replicate at home and even at work! I absolutely love the fact that I had many students who have never, ever practiced yoga but decided to try it for the first time with me. I’m honored to introduce yoga into new lives at a tech conference of all places!
- Apply to speak at multiple SXSW events. Most people only apply to speak at SXSW Interactive so the competition is fierce. Customize your presentation to fit SXSW Film, SXSW Music and SXSW Edu.
- You have a better chance of getting chosen with a solo session versus a panel. Many people on panels don’t prepare as much as a solo session because they rely on other panel members. If you’re hosting a solo session, the spotlight is on you, so you will be more motivated to prepare.
- If you are going to apply to speak on a panel, make sure the panel is diverse. An all male panel, won’t fly. Don’t include 2 people from the same company or 2 people who do the exact same thing.
- Include a video! This personalizes your entry. It can be a short video you make on your own with your phone. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy. Having one will significantly increase your chances.
- Grammar and typos will count against you. Make sure to proofread multiple times and then proofread again.
Unfortunately, the application deadline for SXSW 2016 is over but these are things to keep in mind for next year. I also feel that these tips are relevant when applying to speak at other events and conferences.
My popular marketing workshop for yoga and fitness instructors is back! I’m partnering with Hapa Yoga to host my revamped program now called, How to Pack Your Class!
While having an abundance of yoga and fitness options available is great for fitness enthusiasts, it can be a challenge for instructors. In this interactive workshop you’ll learn tips and tricks on how to pack your class every time! I’m combining my 2 passions for marketing and fitness to help you create a successful class following. Learn how to authentically improve your brand and maintain your integrity while marketing your yoga and fitness business.
You’ll leave this workshop with the following takeaways:
- Learn what to do and say during class to motivate students to come back
- Become a subject matter expert for your students by improving your social media brand
- Create a community of followers who are now sharing your content and promoting your class to their friends
If you want to take your yoga and fitness business to the next level, here are the full details:
Date: Friday July 24th, 2015
Location: Hapa Yoga, 4242 Camino Del Rio N #10, San Diego, CA 92108
Cost: $40 in advance, $50 day of
Registration: Click HERE to sign up
It is recommended that you bring your laptop for this workshop. If you are unable to bring a laptop, pen and paper will be provided. There will also be light exercise during the workshop. Dress comfortably. Here’s the event flyer: