INBOUND15 is coming up in Boston September 8th-11th and I have your golden ticket to attend. That’s right, I’m giving one lucky winner an All-Access Pass to INBOUND15 at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center.
INBOUND15 has really stepped it up with amazing speakers and activities. Keynote speakers include Chelsea Clinton, Seth Godin and even the hilarious Aziz Ansari just to name a few! In addition to the keynotes, here is everything the All-Access Pass includes:
- Access to all 6 Keynotes
- Daily Networking Happy Hour
- Admittance to INBOUND Rocks
- Access to Club INBOUND
- Discounted Rate at 17 Hotels*
- Access to 170+ Educational Sessions
- 30+ Awe-Inspiring Bold Talks
- Eligibility for Keynote Meet and Greet
- Access to INBOUND 2015 Archived Content
- Free Lunch from 20+ Food Trucks
- Unlimited Beverages**
INBOUND fuels the passion that drives the most innovative and successful business leaders of our time. INBOUND’s purpose is to provide the inspiration, education, and connections to transform your business.
INBOUND15 is an event designed to help marketing and sales professionals, business owners, and agency executives deepen their knowledge of inbound marketing through a combination of inspiring keynote presentations, focused training and breakout sessions, expert-led small group workshops, innovative product demos, and exciting networking activities along with an amazing INBOUND Rocks concert.
The All-Access ticket I’m giving away costs $1,499. It will be completely free for a lucky winner! Check out all the information on INBOUND15 HERE. Now for the scoop on HOW YOU CAN WIN this high value prize!
Leave a comment on this post with 1 thing you want to learn from INBOUND15. Include your FULL NAME and EMAIL ADDRESS.
Your must have a valid email address so I can contact you if you’re the winner. Thats’s it. Easy to enter and win! Want to increase your chance of winning? Each additional activity you complete will earn you bonus entries:
- 2 BONUS ENTRIES- Join my Facebook page and “Like” or “Share” this post about INBOUND15. If you do one (Like or share), you’ll get 1 bonus entry. If you do both (Like and share), you’ll get 2 bonus entries.
- 1 BONUS ENTRY- Follow me on Twitter and Tweet this post to share the contest with your following. Make sure to include me in the Tweet @MyMelodie.
- 3 BONUS ENTRIES- Most of you know that I’ve got a SXSW 2016 PanelPicker in the running. If you vote for my session AND leave a comment you’ll get 3 bonus entries. You must leave a comment so I can track your vote.
The winner will be chosen by random and notified no later than Tuesday September 1st, 2015.
*Please note: By entering the ticket giveaway, you are signing up for Marketing Melodie’s Marketing Your Way to Success Newsletter. Recipients can opt out any time. Transportation and housing for Inbound15 are not included.
Thanks again to the San Diego Hubspot User Group for inviting me to be their Keynote Speaker last month at the beautiful Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – Liberty Station. The event was a huge success, over 200 people signed up!
For those of you who missed the event or want to review the information, you’re in luck! My friends over at Animus Studios produced this awesome video for me of my keynote. Check it out here or on my YouTube Page.
I also offer a referral fee if you help me book a speaking gig. If my minimum speaker’s fee is met, you will get $500 just for making an introduction!
The much anticipated SXSW Interactive PanelPicker is live and I need your vote! I made a quick video about my proposed session, Marketing Your Way to Success with Social Media.
Read on if you’d like a little more info. Even if you don’t read the rest, I sincerely thank you for your vote HERE.
For the past 4 years, every March, I make my way to Austin for a magical event called SXSW. This year, even though I only had 48 hours to rock SXSW, I managed to meet my favorite late night host, Jimmy Kimmel; learn about sports marketing to millennials from the Indianapolis Colts Punter, Pat McAfee; connect with the brightest Entrepreneurs including Erik Qualman, Tim Ferriss and more. I also was fortunate enough to speak at the SXSW V2V conference last month in July.
During my recap of SXSW V2V I gave tips on becoming a SXSW Speaker. Their selection process is very comprehensive. Part of the process is the SXSW Panel Picker where the public votes for sessions they want to see. They combine this with votes from staff and their advisory board to ensure everyone gets a fair chance. Since the panel picker just launched, I need your vote!
My proposed session is: Marketing Your Way to Success with Social Media. I presented this at SXSW V2V to a packed room and received such great feedback that I want to customize my session and share it with an even larger audience in Austin.
I do my best to be a resource and to help when I can. Today, I am trusting that you will all help me out with your vote. It will take less than 5 minutes and allow me to share my passion and livelihood of teaching others how to effectively use social media to grow their business.
Here’s how to vote for my session:
1. CLICK HERE TO VOTE
2. After clicking the link, login or create an account. This takes a minute and can be done though Facebook.
3. Click the thumbs up button to vote.
4. Leave a comment and share why you are excited about my topic. It’s very important to leave even after you vote because it creates conversation. This also allows me to track who voted.
Once you vote for my session, you’ll be logged in and can vote for any other sessions you like. Other sessions I recommend are Jessica Tunon’s Netwalking session and Chic CEO Stephanie Burns’, Unreasonable Requests: How To Ask for Outrageous session. PanelPicker voting will close on Friday, September 4 (11:59 PM CT) so get your votes in before then!
Thank you all in advance for your vote. I am blessed to have so many positive people in my life and look forward to your support during the PanelPicker process. If you have a panel you would like me to check out, please leave me a comment. Let’s work together and support each other!
I’m back from an incredible and highly educational experience at SXSW V2V in Las Vegas. I’ve attended SXSW Interactive in Austin for the past 4 years but this was my first time attending the Vegas conference. V2V is SXSW Interactive on a smaller scale, but the quality of content and connections I made were impressive! The focus is more on educating startups and small business owners. I liked the intimate environment because it allowed me to build deeper relationships. Just like I do my top 10 SXSW Interactive recap each year, here’s a recap of the top ten things I experienced at V2V. You’ll find tips you can apply to your own business, mixed in with my favorite moments and fun experiences.
2. Yoga for the Busy Body– I had the pleasure of being the yoga instructor the the conference! I taught 2 morning yoga classes. I created a special class for the conference called yoga for the busy body. I incorporated poses that students could easily replicate at home and even at work! I absolutely love the fact that I had many students who have never, ever practiced yoga but decided to try it for the first time with me. I’m honored to introduce yoga into new lives at a tech conference of all places!
- Apply to speak at multiple SXSW events. Most people only apply to speak at SXSW Interactive so the competition is fierce. Customize your presentation to fit SXSW Film, SXSW Music and SXSW Edu.
- You have a better chance of getting chosen with a solo session versus a panel. Many people on panels don’t prepare as much as a solo session because they rely on other panel members. If you’re hosting a solo session, the spotlight is on you, so you will be more motivated to prepare.
- If you are going to apply to speak on a panel, make sure the panel is diverse. An all male panel, won’t fly. Don’t include 2 people from the same company or 2 people who do the exact same thing.
- Include a video! This personalizes your entry. It can be a short video you make on your own with your phone. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy. Having one will significantly increase your chances.
- Grammar and typos will count against you. Make sure to proofread multiple times and then proofread again.
Unfortunately, the application deadline for SXSW 2016 is over but these are things to keep in mind for next year. I also feel that these tips are relevant when applying to speak at other events and conferences.
My popular marketing workshop for yoga and fitness instructors is back! I’m partnering with Hapa Yoga to host my revamped program now called, How to Pack Your Class!
While having an abundance of yoga and fitness options available is great for fitness enthusiasts, it can be a challenge for instructors. In this interactive workshop you’ll learn tips and tricks on how to pack your class every time! I’m combining my 2 passions for marketing and fitness to help you create a successful class following. Learn how to authentically improve your brand and maintain your integrity while marketing your yoga and fitness business.
You’ll leave this workshop with the following takeaways:
- Learn what to do and say during class to motivate students to come back
- Become a subject matter expert for your students by improving your social media brand
- Create a community of followers who are now sharing your content and promoting your class to their friends
If you want to take your yoga and fitness business to the next level, here are the full details:
Date: Friday July 24th, 2015
Location: Hapa Yoga, 4242 Camino Del Rio N #10, San Diego, CA 92108
Cost: $40 in advance, $50 day of
Registration: Click HERE to sign up
It is recommended that you bring your laptop for this workshop. If you are unable to bring a laptop, pen and paper will be provided. There will also be light exercise during the workshop. Dress comfortably. Here’s the event flyer:
Marketing Melodie Speaks: Why Inbound Marketing & Social Media Are Best Friends on Thursday July 30th, 2015
Hubspot has invited me to keynote their next San Diego Hubspot User Group Event on Thursday July 30th, from 3-6:15pm at Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – Liberty Station and you’re all invited to join me! Hubspot is a company I’ve long admired for their consistent and educational resources on all topics related to SEO, digital marketing, sales and social media for consumers. It’s an honor to align myself with such a power house in the industry! In fact check out their blogs and see what I mean when I rave about their content.
The event starts at 3pm with registration and networking over free Stone Brewing Co. Beer and bites. Then there’s a Hubspot Academy project review with Steve Haase, HubSpot eCommerce Inbound Marketing Consultant. I take the stage at 4:45pm with my presentation Why Inbound Marketing & Social Media Are Best Friends. I love when I’m featured at an event and have an opportunity to invite my entire network. Yes, you’re all invited to have a beer, enjoy food and you’ll learn about marketing at the same time. PLEASE NOTE- If you only want to see my presentation you can arrive at 4:30pm.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
With the constant changing landscape of social media, it can be overwhelming to know which networks to be on. Brands are faced with confusion on what content is effective to post and how to find time to incorporate social media into their marketing strategy. At Why Inbound Marketing & Social Media Are Best Friends you will learn about the important role social media plays in generating inbound leads and how to enhance your current profiles to get more leads. You’ll hear success stories and learn how to create resourceful content that encourages prospects to keep your brand top of mind. You will leave the event with the following information to implement immediately:
- Specific updates you need to make on popular social networks to generate more inbound leads.
- How to be a subject matter expert on social media in your specific industry so customers seek you out in time of need.
- How to be more efficient when creating and posting content on social media so you can focus on nurturing inbound leads.
I’ll close out the event with Q & A, plus a group discussion. As always, I make presentations engaging, interactive and fun!
Here are the full details and how to sign up for this free event:
Date: Thursday July 30th, 2015
Location: Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – Liberty Station – 2816 Historic Decatur Rd #116 – San Diego, CA 92106
Time: 3pm- 6:15pm, My presentation starts at 4:45pm (PLEASE NOTE- If you only want to see my presentation you can arrive at 4:30pm.)
Cost: FREE for everyone. As I like to say, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain!
Registration: Click HERE to sign up
I look forward to seeing you on Thursday July 30th. Let’s enjoy a beverage, have some tasty food and expand our marketing minds!