My business is growing quickly and I have each and every one of you to thank! Anyone who’s reading this post, is a part of my success. With the growth of my company, comes more tasks that need execution which is why I’ve decided to hire a Marketing Intern! Here’s the scoop on the Marketing Intern I’m seeking. This is also a great time to make sure you’ve read my post on 10 Ways to Land Your Next Job Through Social Media, especially if you’re applying for this position.
Marketing Internship with Marketing Melodie
Education and Qualifications: Seeking a San Diego student currently pursuing a degree in Marketing, Communication, Media Studies Public Relations, Advertising or a similar field.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn effective communication strategies in marketing
- Learn community building skills in social media
- Have basic skills in Microsoft office products to update documents, Power Point, Excel etc.
- Have basic skills in updating Social Networks such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Have a basic understanding of WordPress Blogs
- Responsible for some data entry related to the company’s marketing strategy (Inputting contacting info, sending emails)
- Responsible for event marketing (Posting listings online, assisting with event registration)
- File records and engage in database research
- Help with public relations, copywriting, customer follow-up and other events
- Prepare weekly reports and give the latest status of their work
SKILLS & SPECIFICATIONS:
- Must be highly motivated and energetic
- A hard worker
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have good writing skills
- This is a virtual internship with communication done through email, phone, Skype and several in person meetings in Mission Valley.
- Hours 10-15 per week but may vary
- Non-paid, preferably the intern is enrolled in a college Internship class and will receive school credit.
- To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume. It is not mandatory but preferred that you also send a link to your Social Media profiles, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and blog.