[EVENT] Tweet for After-School-All Stars at Twestival San Diego
The idea of Twestival (Twitter Festival) is to use social media for social good by connecting communities both online and offline on a single day to highlight a great cause and have a fun event. Twestival is the largest global grassroots social media fundraising initiative to date. Since 2009, volunteers have raised close to $1.2 million for 137 nonprofits. All local events are organized 100% by volunteers and 100% of all ticket sales and donations go direct to projects.
San Diego Twestival proceeds will benefit San Diego After-School All-Stars. The mission of San Diego After-School All-Stars is to provide comprehensive out-of-school programs that keep kids safe and help them achieve in school and life. This charity was selected for their positive impact and our San Diego youth, enthusiasm in the Social Media space and their overall passion for ensuring their kids are provided with the best after school programs and resources.
How do you get involved in Twestival? Simple!
1. Come to the event on Thursday March 24th at Sway nightclub in downtown San Diego from 7-10pm.
2. Pre-Register for the event with a small $10 donation. Your donation gets you your 1st drink FREE! Donations are suggested at the door but you won’t receive a FREE drink unless you register online. Pre-register on Meetup HERE then follow the easy instructions to make a donation.
3. Can’t make the event? You can still DONATE. There are 2 simple ways:
- Make a donation via Twitter using @RainMakerApp, link your PayPal via http://RainMakeApp.com/ and then just send a tweet: include #SDAllStars, a $ amount to donate, and @RainMakerApp
- Make a donation online using: http://www.firstgiving.com/twestivalsd
4. Donate a prize to our raffle! To raise additional funds for San Diego After-School All-Stars we’re also selling raffle tickets and raffling off some great prizes! Please email me: melodie at marketingmelodie dot com if you’d like to contribute to the raffle. So far I’d like to thank Dining Out San Diego for donating $250 in San Diego restaurant gift certificates and PopChips for donating a month’s supply of PopChips!
See you on Twitter! and then at Twestival!