Google, Apple & Sports Illustrated at Digital Media Dinners
The speaker lineup for Digital Media Dinners- How To Build Your Social Media Community is officially confirmed! In addition to learning about Community Building from yours truly, my goal is to bring in a variety of professionals who can speak on different aspects of community building for your business. Each speaker brings a unique perspective and story to tell.
Introducing our panel of speakers:
1. Jim Trotter- Senior Writer, Sports Illustrated: Followers of the NFL and sports fans have long relied on Trotter for his dogged reporting and astute insights. Trotter joined Sports Illustrated in Sept. 2007. Before SI, he covered the San Diego Chargers for the San Diego Union-Tribune for more than a decade. Born in San Francisco, CA, Trotter graduated from Howard University with a degree in communications. In addition to his SI duties, Trotter is a contributor to ESPN’s First Take, the NBC San Diego affiliate and numerous radio shows across the country. Read more about Jim Trotter on his Sports Illustrated Page. Twitter: @SI_JimTrotter
Digital Media Dinners is honored to have Jim Trotter on our panel because he brings knowledge of traditional media to the online space. With his recent introduction to Social Media Trotter has already successfully branded himself as a subject matter expert in the sporting industry and boasts a community of over 28K Twitter followers who actively engage in conversation with him, look forward to his articles and turn to him for the latest news and updates. Digital Media Dinners attendees will learn insight from Trotter on how to authentically be a subject matter expert online, have people look forward to reading articles your articles/blog posts and how to incorporate relevant personal information into your updates.
2. Megan Pogoda- Community Manager, Google (Google Places): After graduating from Penn State University, Megan headed for California chasing eternal sunshine and sandy beaches. Megan knows the ins and outs of San Diego. She had the opportunity to travel the entire county for about a year as the promotional manager for various community events. From charity fundraisers and runs, to nightclub dance parties, community gatherings, live music events, art openings, farmers markets, health and fitness expos , conferences , trade shows and more, she quickly gained respect for all the great things America’s Finest City has to offer. As Google’s San Diego Community Manager, Megan reaches out to the community to encourage users to create more reviews, ratings and interaction with their local ecosystems using Google Places. Read more about Megan on the Google Places Blog. Twitter: @GoogeSanDiego
Google is one of the most innovative Digital companies in the world. They’re not afraid to launch new products and their tools from Gmail, Google Maps, Phones to Search and Google Places, etc play a significant role in the efficiency and success for many business owners and entrepreneurs. Digital Media Dinners couldn’t be more thrilled to have a representative from Google who can speak directly to the audience about community building since it’s what she does day in and day out. Megan will share strategies she uses for community building at Google that can be applied to your own business.
**UPDATE: Jeff had a scheduling conflict so our new speaker was Matt Browne- Founder, SDBloggers.com and Tech Correspondent, NBC San Diego**
3. Jeff Monday- Account Executive, Apple Inc.: Jeff Monday is an Account Executive on Apple’s iPad and iPhone in Business team. Jeff has been with Apple in various roles over the last ten years focused on delivering marketing and sales to customers in Southern California and the Southwest United States. Jeff enjoys exploring the ever-changing world of social media and in his spare time authors the blog mondaydots.com. Twitter: @tweetjeffmonday
Apple Inc. is an exemplary brand that successfully leverages the power of their community. Their customers essentially sell their products for them. Apple customers are fanatics, enthusiasts and loyal brand evangelists who authentically and passionately spread the word about their love of Apple Products. Imagine having thousands of people speak highly of you and authentically sell your products for you. Learn tips from Apple on how to create buzz for your own business, large or small. (See image below of a Facebook update I posted when I was in the market for a new computer. Within minutes the first 3 replies were Apple customers evangelizing for their products. A high percentage of replies after that also mention Mac).
DATE & LOCATION: Thursday, July 14 6:30pm – 8:30pm, Nik Software Headquarters 7588 Metropolitan Drive, San Diego 92108
AT DIGITAL MEDIA DINNERS YOU WILL GAIN:
- Hands-on, tactical tips to implement and incorporate immediately
- Knowledge on how to effectively engage in conversations on Social Media
- Tips on how to encourage interaction with your community and turn your audience into true advocates for your brand
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?:
- Business Owners and Leaders
- Marketing and PR Executives
- CMOs, Marketing Managers and Directors
- Product and Brand Managers
- Anyone interested in learning how Social Media will help grow your business
Dinner is sponsored by Rubio’s Fresh Mexican Grill and will consist of their Beach Mex Buffet with Grilled Chicken and Steak, rice, “no-fried” pinto beans, jack and cheddar cheese, lettuce, fresh guacamole, three signature salsas, soft tortillas and tortilla chips. Veggie Burritos available by request.