Marketing Success Live- 4 New LinkedIn Tips for 2017 Recap
On today’s episode of Marketing Success Live, I share: 4 New LinkedIn Tips for 2017 ! This recap will give you a quick rundown of the tips, tricks, resources, events and other cool things mentioned. If you missed today’s episode, you can watch it any time over on the Marketing Melodie Facebook Page.
Our special guest for today’s episode is Career Consultant & LinkedIn Strategist, Mary Fain Brandt. Mary systematically advises women in transition and work-minded people who are shifting in their careers by teaching them to improve market relatability towards target industries. Mary’s well-trained skills guide clients to gain a clearer sense of their talents, skills, passions, and purposes.
Her precise knowledge as a LinkedIn Expert educates clients on building spotlight profiles to enhance visibility and effectiveness during career searches or business launches. Mary is also the creator of LinkedIn Labs, a live, monthly event where she motivates individuals to take action on their LinkedIn in order to reach their career and business goals.
Main takeaways from today’s Marketing Success Live Topic- 4 New LinkedIn Tips for 2017
1. Save your profile as a PDF– Read your LinkedIn profile printed out as a PDF. This will help you catch errors and get a new perspective on how your profile looks to the reader. Make sure it reads similar to a resume. Having a PDF version is also helpful if you accidently delete something on your profile. Now you have a back up so you can easily refer back to.
2. Get an archive of your data- We back up the most important things we own such as our computer and our phone. LinkedIn is one of the most valuable resources we have for growing our careers, so it only makes sense that we back this up too! Archiving your data saves everything from your contacts, posts, account data and more. To get an archive click on “Privacy & Settings”. Stay in the “Account” tab which shows up by default and scroll down to “Getting an archive of your data”.
3. Turn OFF “Viewers of this profile also viewed”– Stay on the “Privacy & Settings” section. Scroll to the “Privacy” tab in the middle. Then scroll down to “Viewers of this profile also viewed” and make sure it’s turned “OFF”. You want to keep people on your own profile. When this option is turned on, it’s easy for people to navigate away from your page. The less distractions people have when they are on your profile, the more likely they will be to focus on your LinkedIn highlights.
4. Monitor your LinkedIn Analytics- This helps you track your activity and attribute it to how many leads and sales you’re getting through LinkedIn. You can discover prospects and partners based on who’s viewing your profile. This also allows you to understand how your activity can help you rank higher in your network and what you may want to improve in the future.
LinkedIn is making big changes and they are already rolling out a new profile format for many users. It’s important to have a personal back up of your profile in case things disappear with the new updates. These 4 simple tips will take you no time to execute yet they will provide you with peace of mind and help you attract new customers! Let us know in the comments if you take action on any of these tips!
Connect with today’s Marketing Succcess Live special guest Mary Fain Brandt:
- Learn about Mary’s LinkedIn programs and her upcoming LinkedIn Labs on her website.
- Click here to Like and Follow Mary on Facebook!
Mentioned in today’s Marketing Success LIVE! Episode:
- Marketing Success Team- The Marketing Success Team is an online community and resource designed for busy professionals who want to stay motivated and inspired with marketing their business. You’ll have someone to keep you accountable for being consistent with your marketing efforts. The days of starting a blog, campaign or new profile, only to abandon it a couple weeks later are no more! You will be on the cutting edge of the latest social media updates that affect your business and you will get answers directly from the experts who have years of experience with digital marketing. Mary is a valued member of the Marketing Success Team and I was honored to hear her share her positive experience with the 20 minute Power Marketing sessions I offer complimentary for members. Click here for more info on the Marketing Success Team.
- Marketing Success Power Breakfast- Sometimes, it’s hard to set aside time for networking events because you don’t want to take time away from getting actual work done. This is why I created the Marketing Success Power Breakfast! It’s a networking event where you’ll have a chance to connect with up to 9 other business professionals, learn about social media topics, and best of all get work done! The next event is Thursday February 17th from 8am-10am. Claim your spot here.
- Markting Success Happy Hour- I host a monthly happy hour that’s filled with marketing inspiration for your business! Enjoy the best view of San Diego while we discuss important social media topics. We’ll participate in a fun, interactive marketing activity for your business. Then we will have time for networking so you can connect with the other business leaders in the room. The Marketing Success Happy Hour is once a month and has been selling out every month! The next one is Thursday February 23rd, 2017, 4:30pm – 6:30pm. Make sure to purchase your ticket before they sell out!
Tools mentioned/ used in today’s Marketing Success LIVE! episode:
- Audio-Technica ATR3350 Omnidirectional Condenser Lavalier Microphone- This mic allows you to have quality sound in your videos no matter how far way the phone is from your face.
2. Arkon iPhone Tripod Mount- This is how I keep my phone from wobbling around when I’m filming! This tripod is very portable and has durable legs that claspses on to other equipment.
3. Neewer Camera Photo/Video Light Ring- I use this light ring so you can see me more clearly, no matter what the lighting in the room looks like.
4. CowboyStudio Aluminum Adjustable Light Stand with Case– The light ring I use, goes on this stand!
That’s a wrap for the recap of Marketing Success Live- 4 New LinkedIn Tips for 2017. Make sure to tune in on Facebook Live again next Wednesday from 11am-11:30am over on the Marketing Melodie Facebook page.