Marketing Success LIVE! Episode 3- Recap
Today was my 3rd episode of Marketing Success LIVE! and I’m finally creating a recap post (woohoo!). I look forward to creating a recap each week after the live session so I can give you a quick rundown of the tips, tricks, resources, events and other cool things mentioned. If you missed today’s episode, you can watch it any time over on the Marketing Melodie Facebook Page.
On today’s episode, I featured a special guest, Lynda Sunshine West! Lynda has worn many hats throughout her career, but her current venture is being an awesome Event Producer. Her main event is the San Diego Chocolate Fest, but I also like to call her the Facebook Live expert! For the last 2 years, she has made a video almost every single day! Since January 1st, she has not skipped a single day of making her Facebook Live birthday song videos. Yep, every single day, she sings a song dedicated to her Facebook friends celebrating birthdays that day.
Connect with today’s Marketing Succcess LIVE! Special guest Lynda:
- She wants to be your Facebook friend, so make sure you ADD her as a friend: Lynda Sunshine West’s Facebook Profile (If you still have a birthday coming up this year, she will be sure to sing to you. Here’s a sample of her amazing daily birthday song video: #366BirthdaySongs
- If you love chocoolate, don’t miss the San Diego Chocolate Fest on April 15th, 2017. Like the San Diego Chocolate Fest Facebook Page to stay up to date!
Main takeaways from today’s Marketing Success Live Topic- How to Increase Engagement on Faceboook Live
- To increase Facebook Live views on your business page (fans don’t get notified that you’re live on your business page unless they actively turned the notifications on ) jump on Facebook Live on your personal profile before going live on your business page because your friends will get notified that you’re on live. Direct people over to your business page!
- Share your Facebook Live replay from your business page, back to your personal profile, when you’re done. The views will count toward your original video and the more engagement you recieve, the higher you’ll come up on newsfeeds!
- Ask questions during your Live stream to encourage interaction! During our Facebook Live stream today we asked everyone to share their favorite type of chocolate and we got a ton of yummy answers!
- Stay upbeat and enthusiastic throughout your entire Facebook Live session because you never know when people are going to jump in. You want to make sure that any time someone joins your Facebook Live session, they are encouraged to stay because they see your excitement for being live. It’s easy for someone to close the live stream if they tune in and you’re being dull or nothing is happening.
Mentioned in today’s Marketing Success LIVE! Episode:
- Marketing Success Team- Thanks for the plug on this Lynda! Lynda is in the Marketing Success Team. This is my brand new baby! I recently launched the program geared toward Entpreneurs and Business Owners. For $29/month you get to join my team to stay motivated and inspired with marketing your business. You’ll have someone to keep you accountable for being consistent with your marketing efforts. The days of starting a blog, campaign or new profile, only to abandon it a couple weeks later are no more! Click here for more info.
- Marketing Success Power Breakfast- Sometimes, it’s hard to set aside time for networking events because you don’t want to take time away from getting actual work done. This is why I created the Marketing Success Power Breakfast! It’s a networking event where you’ll have a chance to connect with up to 9 other business professionals, learn about a social media topic, and best of all get work done! The first event is Friday, October 21st from 8am-10am. I’ll be there at 7:30am for you early birds! Claim your spot here.
- Marketing Success Happy Hour- I’m hosting an intimate happy hour packed with marketing inspiration for your business! Enjoy the best view of San Diego while we discuss important social media topics. I’ll be giving a short talk to motivate you with social media ideas with a Q&A. Then we’ll participate in a fun, interactive marketing activity for your business. Afterward, we will have time for networking so you can connect with the other business leaders in the room. The Markteing Success Happy Hour is once a month, the next one is Thursday October 27th from 4:30pm – 6:30pm. We only have 5 spots left, make sure to purchase your ticket before they sell out!
Tools mentioned/ used in today’s Marketing Success LIVE! episode:
- Audio-Technica ATR3350 Omnidirectional Condenser Lavalier Microphone- This mic allows you to have quality sound in your videos no matter how far way the phone is from your face.
2. Arkon iPhone Tripod Mount- This is how I keep my phone from wobbling around when I’m filming! This tripod is very portable and has durable legs that claspses on to other equipment.
3. Neewer Camera Photo/Video Light Ring- I use this light ring so you can see me more clearly, no matter what the lighting in the room looks like.
4. CowboyStudio Aluminum Adjustable Light Stand with Case– The light ring I use, goes on this stand!