Marketing Success Live- 6 Free Tech Tools for Marketing Your Business Recap
On today’s episode of Marketing Success Live, I shared 6 free tech tools for marketing your business. This recap will give you a quick rundown of the tips, tricks, resources, events and other cool things mentioned. If you missed today’s episode, you can watch it any time over on the Marketing Melodie Facebook Page.
Running a business in today’s digtal age can be overwhelming. There are so many tools and resources out there for marketing that sometimes you might not even know where to start. Since January is coming to an end, I know a lot of you already feel “behind” with your marketing and social media goals. It’s my intention to share these resources with you to help you be more efficient with marketing, get ahead with creating content and overall establish a more professional presence for your company.
With that said, here are my top 6 favorite tech tools that help with marketing you business (Some of these are “Freemium” programs, meaning they are free to use, but have upgraded/paid versions):
- Evernote– I have been using this since they launched in 2008. Capture anything and everything in one place. This is great for saving random content ideas you may get and want to remember to use for your marketing material later. Check out Evernote for yourself.
- Calendly- Streamline your appointments and have a professional presence with Calendly. You can even schedule your appointment with me right now! Remember, part of marketing your business is establishing yourself as a professional who makes it easy for other people to meet with you. Avoid the email and phone tag with Calendly.
- Docusign- The days of sitting by the fax and waiting for an important contract to come in are over! This tool alone has significantly helped me grow my business and increase my close rate 10X+! Once someone verbally agrees to work with you, make it easy for them to sign an agreement. Sign up here for a free 30 day trial and 10% off if you decide to join. They always allow you to have a free accout to receive documents and refer to old ones.
- Facebook Scheduling- One of the most frequently asked questions I get is, “What scheduling tool should I use?”. When scheduling on Facebook, use the Facebook scheduling tool on Facebook! It may be an extra step but your post will get more visibility because Facebook loves keeping you on….you guessed it, Facebook!
- Nextdoor- It’s the “Can I borrow a cup of sugar?” from your neighbor concept for the digital age. Get to know your neighbors, help each other out, learn about cool things happening in your community. It’s not a network where you can directly promote your business, but I have personally received business from using this program because when I connect with neighbors, I have discovered that they are interested in working with people right in their own backyard. Join your local Nextdoor community.
- Wayback Machine- This internet archive allows you to rediscover old content and repurpose it for current posts. It’s a history of the evolution of your business. It shows humble beginnings, successful launches, and it’s great throwback content! Enter your website on the Wayback Machine.
Mentioned in today’s Marketing Success LIVE! Episode:
- Marketing Sucess Happy Hour- ONE SPOT LEFT for tomorrow’s happy hour. You don’t want to miss out on a chance to learn more about social media, leave with action items to implement for your business and network with some amazing folks. Snag the last spot!
- Marketing Success Team- The Marketing Success Team is an online community and resource designed for busy professionals who want to stay motivated and inspired with marketing their business. You’ll have someone to keep you accountable for being consistent with your marketing efforts. The days of starting a blog, campaign or new profile, only to abandon it a couple weeks later are no more! You will be on the cutting edge of the latest social media updates that affect your business and you will get answers directly from the experts who have years of experience with digital marketing. Everyone on the team helps each other, so not only will you have access to me, but you also have access to other business professionals to collaborate with. Click here for more info.
- Marketing Success Power Breakfast- Sometimes, it’s hard to set aside time for networking events because you don’t want to take time away from getting actual work done. This is why I created the Marketing Success Power Breakfast! It’s a networking event where you’ll have a chance to connect with up to 9 other business professionals, learn about a social media topic, and best of all get work done! The next event is Friday February 17th 8am-10am. Claim your spot here.
Tools mentioned/ used in today’s Marketing Success LIVE! episode:
- Audio-Technica ATR3350 Omnidirectional Condenser Lavalier Microphone- This mic allows you to have quality sound in your videos no matter how far way the phone is from your face.
2. Arkon iPhone Tripod Mount- This is how I keep my phone from wobbling around when I’m filming! This tripod is very portable and has durable legs that claspses on to other equipment.
3. Neewer Camera Photo/Video Light Ring- I use this light ring so you can see me more clearly, no matter what the lighting in the room looks like.
4. CowboyStudio Aluminum Adjustable Light Stand with Case– The light ring I use, goes on this stand!
5. Selfie Light Ring- I use this when I’m on the go.
That’s a wrap for the recap of Marketing Success Live- 6 Free Tech Tools for Marketing Your Business. Make sure to tune in on Facebook Live again next Wednesday from 11am-11:30am over on the Marketing Melodie Facebook page. I will be featuring a special guest, Mary Fain Brandt of the LinkedIn Bakery and we’re going to share what you need to know about succeeding with LinkedIn in 2017.